at 9pm et/6pm pt Featured in the broadcast b

Cualquier cosa del mundillo punk, noticias, dudas, preguntas, opiniones...

at 9pm et/6pm pt Featured in the broadcast b

Notapor carrie567 » 14-Ago-2019 2:48

BANFF, Alta. - Olympic gold medallist and World Cup champion Marielle Thompson won a photo finish to take top honours at the Canadian ski cross championship Friday. The 21-year-old from Whistler, B.C., beat out teammate Georgia Simmerling of West Vancouver, B.C., to cap off a notable season, which included gold at the Sochi Games and gold at the final World Cup race of the year to claim her second career Crystal Globe. With Simmerling hot on her heels in the womens final, a late lunge for the line by Thompson gave her victory by the slimmest of margins. "That was pretty exciting. I won by the length of a broken thumb," said Thompson, who tore a ligament in her thumb after crashing on a training run. "I guess you dont need thumbs for racing." Tristan Tafel, of Canmore, Alta., took the mens race after taking the lead at the first turn to secure his second national title. Simmerling finished in second place. "We were neck and neck out of the gate," Simmerling said of her duel with Thompson. "I was behind her the whole way. I tried to get her at the end but I think I just missed her by a hands length." India Sherret, of Cranbrook, B.C., was third and veteran Danielle Sundquist, of Calgary was fourth. The mens final was dominated by Tafel after his teammate and World Cup star Brady Leman of Calgary — who was fourth at the Sochi Games — went off course. Matt Brady and Kevin Macdonald were second and third, respectively. "Im pretty excited," said Tafel, who had a tough season on the World Cup circuit. "We all had a really good start and it was extremely tight going into the first turn. Thats where I took the lead and kept it all the way down. "The young guys were skiing right on my tail at the finish — good for them." Fridays podium capped a good week for Macdonald, who won the overall Nor-Am Cup title to earn himself a World Cup spot for next season. Macdonald topped the ski cross Nor-Am standings with 922 points, with American Robert Mahre (743) finishing second. Tania Prymak of the U.S. won the womens title with 871 points, with Canadas Abby McEwen finishing second (750). Sam Huff Redskins Jersey . -- The Tampa Bay Lightning are disappointed, though not discouraged. Charles Mann Womens Jersey .com) - Manu Ginobili capped off a 26-point night with a go-ahead layup with 24 seconds left in overtime, with the basket giving the San Antonio Spurs a much-needed 95-93 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Reds ... ve-Jersey/. The 12th-ranked Haas served well throughout the match at the Ibirapuera arena, allowing only one break point to the 152nd-ranked Italian. Both players held serve until the first-set tiebreak, when Haas stepped up his game to easily clinch the set. Doug Williams Womens Jersey . Sopoaga hit the upright with his first shot at goal from 15 metres. He then kicked nine goals in succession -- two conversions and seven penalties -- before being replaced in the 62nd minute, three points short of the Highlanders record for most points in a match. Landon Collins Womens Jersey . TSNs coverage of the Third Round gets underway Sunday with Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago at 3pm et/Noon pt. TSNs broadcast schedule for the Third Round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs is as follows: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Los Angeles Kings• Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago – Sunday, May 18 at 3pm et/Noon pt• Game 2: Los Angeles at Chicago – Wednesday, May 21 at 8pm et/5pm pt• Game 4: Chicago at Los Angeles – Monday, May 26 at 9pm et/6pm pt Featured in the broadcast booth for TSN are play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert and game analyst Ray Ferraro, with Farhan Lalji contributing reports from rinkside.DETROIT - The Tigers have re-signed reliever Joel Hanrahan to a minor league deal with a big league invite.Team president Dave Dombrowski confirmed the agreement Friday. Hanrahan, a former All-Star, has battled elbow problems of late. The right-hander had Tommy John surgery in May 2013 and hasnt pitched in the majors since.Dombrowski says Hanrahan willl start throwing after Thanksgiving.ddddddddddddThe Tigers acquired Hanrahan about a month into this season, but he never made it to their big league roster. Dombrowski says he thinks Hanrahan could have gone for a guaranteed deal elsewhere, but the reliever basically felt he owed the Tigers after being unable to contribute last season. ' ' '
carrie567

Volver a General